- 1. What is J-Gate?
- 2. J-Gate Features and Benefits
- 3. J-Gate Products and Services
- 4. J-Gate Publisher Partners
- 5. J-Gate Infrastructure
- 6. Trial Access
J-Gate is an electronic gateway to global e-journal literature. Launched in 2001 by Informatics India Limited, J-Gate provides seamless access to millions of journal articles available online offered by 13,212 Publishers. It presently has a massive database of journal literature, indexed from 46,927 e-journals with links to full text at publisher sites. J-Gate also plans to support online subscription to journals, electronic document delivery, archiving and other related services.
a. Table of Contents (TOC)- For 46,927 e-journals.
b. Database - A comprehensive searchable database with 49,968,504 articles, with 10,000+ articles added every day.
J-Gate excludes journals that are not available online.
Portal with largest number of e-journals:
As an e-journal portal, J-Gate presently hosts content from 46,927 e-journals.
23,610 open-access journals:
Captures and indexes articles from more than 23,610 open-access e-journals and maintains links to them.
Links to 10,034,645 open-access articles:
Provides links to over 10,034,645 open-access articles.
Full-text link to largest number of publisher sites:
Presently links to e-journals from 13,212 publishers.
Union List linkage:
This useful feature enables a J-Gate subscriber to check the availability of journals in local libraries.
Customization of the product refers to configuring the Product for a set of pre-defined features and functionalities that are provided in the Product.All customizations are configurable directly by the Library for its needs.
The J-Gate site is updated every day, ensuring the freshness and reliability of content.
Comprehensive journal classification:
Three level hierarchical classification of journals is available.
Easy-to-use search functionalities:
TOC and Database allows various search options for the user's convenience. The subscriber can choose to search by Title, Author, Authors' Address/Institution, Keywords, etc.
J-Gate TOC (Table of Contents):
- a. 46,927 e-journals.
- b. Browse TOC by Journals,Publishers and Subject Categories.
- c. TOC for all journals is available in an uniform browsable format.
- d. Basic bibliographic data with abstracts (where available).
- e. Author address and e-mail where available.
- f. Link to full-text (both open-access and subscription).
- g. Link to Union List for finding availability.
- h. Daily updating.
- a. J-Gate Database consists of more extensive and comprehensive content than TOC.
- b. Classification on three levels of subject category.
- c. Subject-wise indexing.
- d. Search by Title, Author, Subject Categories, Keywords, Year and any combination of these.
- e. Provides basic bibliographic data with abstracts (where available).
- f. Author Address and e-mail where available.
- g. Link to full-text (both open-access and subscription).
- h. Link to Union List for finding availability.
- i. Daily updating with progressive accumulation.
- a. J-Gate@Consortia acts as a search platform plus resource-sharing facility for the members of the consortium.
- b. The product is customized for journals coverage limited to the Consortium subscribed journals as well as the member library subscribed journals.
- c. This is a customized service developed and delivered to a library consortium for the exclusive access and use of its registered closed-user-group members only, who desire to share resources and infrastructure through a mutual agreement.
Scholarly and Technical publishers, as well as specific, mutual agreement driven partnerships with key publishers have been a major support and strength for J-Gate. Click here to see our current publisher partners actively participating in J-Gate.
- a. 7-days/24 hours access.
- b. High-speed in-house Internet infrastructure.
- c. Content capturing and conversion system with high automation ensures high quality content aggregation.
- d. In-house software development team.
- e. Safe and reliable high-capacity storage system for content storage.
Informatics will be happy to set up trial access to J-Gate and present the benefits of J-Gate customized services to your users and decision makers in your campus. Please Click here to request a trial.